Picture Above is from My Instagram Travel Page: jetsetpassport
I think its important before any traveler sets foot on a new place, there are a lot of questions one should ask themselves. Most of the questions should start with “what,” “how” or “when.” When was the last time you asked yourself “why” you travel? Understanding your “why” – your purpose and objective for traveling is one of the most important things you can do before your next journey.
Knowing your purpose for traveling gives you enhanced focus in all elements of your trip – from the destination itself, food you eat, the activities you choose in your itinerary, and the ways you choose to overcome unanticipated problems and reflection.
Understanding why you travel can seem vague at first, but the truth is…. it all comes down to staying true to your individual goals and innate interests. Some travelers may find their “why” easily, while others might need some moments of intense reflection and questioning.
Find Your Purpose for Traveling Through These Questions
The following questions are a list of questions for those struggling to identify their purpose in traveling.
- Take out a couple blank sheets of paper or a notebook or journal and a pen.
- Find a place where you will not be disturbed. Turn off your distractions (TV, cell phone, music, etc.)
- Write the answers to each question down. Write the first thing that pops into your head. Write without editing. It’s essential to write out your answers rather than just thinking about them.
- Be honest. Nobody will read it. It’s important to write without editing. You may need some long moments or days of deep reflection. Take the time you need!
- Enjoy the moment and smile as you write.
If your life were to end a year from today, what would you do with your time left on Earth?What is the place that your heart has always longed to see? Why do you believe you love it so much?
What do you fear the most? What do you find the most joy in?
What makes you smile?
What makes you feel great about yourself?
Over the last six months, what has made you felt most alive and electrified? What were you doing? Who were you being?
If you were to be the hero in your own life story, where would your setting be? Where would you go? What victories would you hold dear?
What culture do you find endlessly interesting?
If you could go back to any time period and place, where would you go?
Whatever you “why” is, remember this – always choose to travel with a purpose. Whether it’s to learn about different cultures or seek a personal relationship with yourself through experiences or to seek beauty. There is never no wrong purpose to have as long as it is true to you
You may also like: